Sunday, August 25, 2013

james bond didnt have to put up with this crap

don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket

yesterday was a circus.  I took both dogs to the store to be bathed.  I usually only take paisely because she is so much easier to handle.  I finally got the harnesses on both the dogs, got my breakfast, made my coffee.  I pulled up to the front door and got the dogs out......I don't have any keys.  Paisely is trying to take a poop.  I get her and Bubba loaded back into the car, race across town to the house to get my keys.  I walk out to the car and Bubba is in the front seat eating my oatmeal....lovely.  I race back across town get to the store, get Bubba out (he is a runner you know).  I open both doors and lock them into the store, turn off the alarm and go and park my car. As I am getting my 20lb purse out of the floor board, I turn my coffee cup over on to me and my seat.  REALLY.  I finally make it into the store and I do what any dog loving owner does.  I scrap off the top layer of my oatmeal and eat the rest for breakfast.  WHAT?  I was hungry, I only had two ice cream sandwiches for dinner the night before because my husband had an insulin reaction while trying to change his insulin pump. 

I was soooo tired Friday night, we were suppose to go to dinner with his parents.  I should have known something was up because he was just acting weird when he was changing his shirt and not that my husband is always late, but he doesn't manage his time well.  I am ready and he decides that he needs to change his insulin cartridge.  I keep hearing the insulin pump go off and I know something is up.  His sugar was at 55 and I saw how desperately he was trying to get his pump back together, but just didn't have the brain power to do it.  This is when I wished that I had paid more attention when they were showing him how to use the pump, instead of playing on facebook or whatever I thought was more important at the time.  I got a candy bar out of the fridge, opened it and handed it to him.  He didn't want to eat it.  This is when I have to tell him that it is either the candy bar or I will have to stick him with a needle.  If you know me, just the thought of me having a needle probably scares the bejesus out of you.  Of course, he doesn't like his choices.  I am soooo tired, that I am really not patient.  I felt really bad and apologized later, even though he doesn't remember, but I do.  My husband really likes to be right, so when I told him his sugar was low and he argued with me, I said "well, then let's just test it and see".  Boom, 55.  Unfortunately, he was so low that it didn't register.  I did get him to eat the candy bar because he was tired of me mentioning it.  Thankfully his sugar came up and he then realized that he needed more sugar.  When this happens I start to hover and it drives him crazy.  I know that he doesn't want to be different than anyone else and he wants to be independent, but I worry that something will happen on my watch and I will never forgive myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment