Saturday, May 5, 2012

mean girls

This is the way i roll

I am working on a word document for my store that will hopefully get me to the bottom of a situation and will keep me from killing people. I have the wording of an email in the back of my head that i am going to work on next while simultaneously thinking of this blog. 

I have suddenly been transformed back to high school. It is funny how we always say that we would like to go back if we could only know now what we didn't then????  It still stinks and there are still mean girls, except now i am not one of them.  I don't have the burning desire to rip people to shreds to make myself feel better than them.  I have worked hard for everything that i have and i am very proud of what i have accomplished.  I finally feel comfortable in my own skin (when the mean girls aren't around).  I know that God has a master plan and i just need to stop being a control freak and let him guide me to my destiny, because he has always done a better job than i have. 

welcome problems as perspective lifters. If you encounter a problem with no immediate solution, your response to the situation will take you either up or down. You can lash out at the difficulty, resenting it and feeling sorry for yourself. This will take you down into a pit of self pity. Alternatively, the problem can be a ladder, enabling you to climb up and see you life from Gods perspective. Viewed from above, the obstacle that frustrated you is only a momentary trouble.

this was my daily devotion yesterday.  It is so very hard to not pray that an uncomfortable situation will go away.  It is hard to be thankful and pray that God will help you through it and that you will act as he would want you. 

It is amazing how you will repeat a situation until you are skilled to handle it.  I have had some of the mean girls trying to break me down to make themselves feel better.  I had a situation happen in my previous employment that caused stress in my life and made me realize that i did not want to work for that kind of company.  I learned a very important lesson about rumors, reputations, and the value of getting all of the information before making a decision about a situation.  Hopefully, it made me a better boss.

I have two situations that are making me uncomfortable.  I have drama at my store that continues to pop up.  I hate conflict, so thank you God for getting me over that dislike.  I also have the mean girls that want are being judge and jury.  I am just thankful that i have people that know me, will stand up for me, and that my reputation will vindicate me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment