Wednesday, March 27, 2013

douche bags and peace

Jon Gosselin made Ed Hardy the uniform for douche bags...nothing says ghetto white trash like an air brushed t shirt.   It is a prerequisite that you must be wearing a straw hat with a feather attached by a roach clip when you stop at the local fair booth to get an airbrushed t shirt with you and your "old lady's" name written in every color of the rainbow while towing a newly won pink elephant stuffed with Styrofoam beads. 

The universal symbol now is the bluetooth headset worn at all times, regardless if you are using your phone or not.  I am so glad that i finally lost both of mine.  I went to a funeral a couple of weekends ago and someone wore theirs during the service.  I am hoping that someone was unable to make it and was listening on the headset.  I love that people are so important that not only must they carry a cell phone 24/7, but cannot be bothered with having to actually hold the phone to their ear, they must have both hands free.  The only explanation is that they are a crime fighter superhero who may be attacked at any moment, therefore must have full use of both hands to defeat the bad guy(s). 

The only thing worse than the consistent wearing of the bluetooth is the person who is using the headset, talking louder than anyone should on any type of phone call.  Since i am fascinated by people and their behavior, i freely eavesdrop (but it really isn't eavesdropping when someone is talking that loud) on conversations that are NEVER of any importance.  NO ONE is making a million dollar deal or saving the world, in fact most time these people struggle for things/people to talk about.  I think this is part of our multitasking society.  I think people are scared to be alone with their thoughts.  I have worked in retail for over two decades and most of that time in charge, people always wanting my time and attention.  I hate talking on the phone, send me a text, send me an email, heck...send me a letter, but don't make me talk on the phone.  I have spent a lifetime on the other end of a phone waiting for someone to get to their point or trying to decipher their needs.  I crave my peace and quiet, i must be alone with my thoughts, it is the only way that i achieve some kind of balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment