Monday, March 25, 2013

the more the merrier

i subscribe to the theory that if one is good, then fifteen must be amazing. 

this must come from working retail and always having to wear a dress code of a certain color pants and some version of a mans oxford, polo, etc....  If i found a pair of pants that i liked then i bought at least five pairs to make it through a week and about once a year i would have to replace those and buy at least five new pairs.  This has become a challenge as of late, because i used to buy material that wouldn't have to be ironed, then the chino came back into style and with my more voluptuous body it looks as though i have to go back to ironing.  The poor people at the department store are probably trying to figure out what my scam is buying clothes, then realizing that it doesn't really work with my body shape anymore and then having to return them.  I feel as though i have gone back to the 80's again, rolled up pants, ballet flats, and a cardigan....all i need is a bad perm to complete the look. 

my problem child sent me a text on Saturday night complaining about her schedule and how she expected to have more time off.  I replied that i followed exactly what she and i have written in my calendar.  What i wanted to say to her was, come back, don't come back, no one really cares.  I am sure i will get to hear about all of the drama tomorrow when i get there, but today i am going to enjoy my day off, a clean closet, and pants that finally fit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment