Sunday, March 31, 2013

another long day

today is Easter Sunday, my husband and i totally blew off church and went back to sleep.  I really needed it and i am contemplating another nap. Yesterday, i spent my day fighting with computers and cleaning the wax off of fixtures.  I got about a fourth of the work done and more than likely wont be able to get them all completed before Thursday, which i wont beat myself up for.   Which is why my theory is, "time always runs out", you never get completely ready for a visit, time just runs out.  I used to work all nighters to try and get it all done, but now i either just don't care, don't have it to give, or really just dont have that burning need to exceed.  I think it is a little of all three. 

I have this guy that works for me and he is a pill head.  He used to do street drugs, then supposedly got clean, then started having back issues.  So, he has spent many months using his back as a crutch for his habit.  His wife is a recovering addict as well, i have a feeling he is the one that got her hooked.  She has been to jail trying to get him his pills and had to go to drug court.  The husband didn't go to therapy with her, i suspect so that he wouldn't have to look in the mirror and fight his own demons.  This has gone on for months/years, he has progressively gotten worse and now just sits at home, not showing up for work most of the time.  She had enough and left, he blames it on his financial situation.  His inability to show up for work has put his job in jeopardy, so Thursday when i had everyone else in and out of my office, he decided to try and call in.  Well, why stop when you are on a good roll...so, i just broke it down for him, he sounded so stoned.  I told him that he had better show up for work on time, be coherent, or i would send him home. I also asked him how old he was and it was about time he got his life together and took responsibility for his situation and his part in it.  I told him he was a pill head and that he sat around stoned all of the time, not showing up for work, and not contributing to his financial partnership with his wife.  I also told him that she stuck around a lot longer than the rest of us would have.  Yeah, well he showed up for work, half way sober. 

I did kick their butts Thursday, but i did give some hugs, and i feel much more cathartic and cleansed.  I usually let the anger build up in me until i just lose it and that was some of it, but i did take the opportunity to kick the crap out of some of them via their reviews.  My poor bather didn't get a single meet expectations on his review.  He is lazy and takes great pride in being lazy.  I usually try to candy coat the bad news, but i stated my expectations a few times and even bullet pointed my expectations at the end so that there is no room for misinterpretation.  It felt good to get some of the power back.
 

While we were at the cookie place, this lady shows up 45 minutes before closing wanting a big cookie for her Easter dinner.  The lady didn't have any, this customer was really upset about this, stating it was the desert for her Easter dinner.  I was thinking, no one wants a huge cookie that they have to share with everyone else, they are germ infested and lack variety, but this customer was basing her Easter dinner on this cookie obviously.  She grabbed the managers business card and walked out of the mall.  I am sure the manager cant wait for that phone call tomorrow morning, she will be needing my time machine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment