Saturday, March 16, 2013

people watching

I am a people watcher.  I could sit for hours and watch people, they fascinate me. 

today matt took me to miss addies for lunch, i am smitten with their eggs benedict (my mother got me hooked).  It is a place where you will see little old ladies having tea next to the fire place and everything they serve is homemade and delicious.  A man came in with his wife, he is a fellow member of the optimist and a member of our church as well.  I don't believe i have ever seen him with his wife, but we greeted each other as they sat at their table.  The man is always a joker, always has a smile, and is a talker.  I am not sure if he and his wife exchange more than a few words during their meal.  I found it odd that she had brought and was actually reading a book until her food arrived, he just sat and drank his hot tea.  He finally turned in his chair to watch the food network, which they always show on the flat screen next to the bar.  This is when i pray that matt and i don't end up that way one day, having said everything that we need or want to say to each other so we just read a book or bury our head in technology. 

Since, i have one class and no homework this semester.  I have started reading again, the issue is that i have started 2 books that have been unable to keep my interest, so i have gone on to the next one.  The first was a memoir about a polygamist, the daughter of a man with 4 wives.  All i could think of was, i hope he had a good job to feed all of those people.  He was an alcoholic and all but three of his wives left him.  I did find it very interesting that women did not have the ability to get into heaven (unless they were an unmarried virgin, then they could be an angel of sorts), so they would marry a man that if he was "holy" enough, he would have many wives and be able to reach down and pull them into to heaven when they died.  The daughter ended up marrying into a polygamist family and all i could see is that there was going to be a lot of heartache for her down the road so i just stopped reading.  The second book was by Richard Stratton and it is almost a book of short stories that he wrote based on interviews that he did with people for magazines like rolling stones and high times.  The first was an interview with Norman Mailer, which i did read his wife's memoir, a ticket to the circus and they talked about Manson, a biography he did about Marilyn Monroe, the beatles, the stones, and even patty hearst abduction.  It is in the format of question and answer.  I hate those kind of articles, it is as if the writer wasn't smart or original enough to put the interview into some kind of thoughtful story.  It is lazy and i hate lazy.

I did make an appointment to go and see my shrink....she is at the OU medical center and it is at 8:30 am...when i am on vacation.  Oh well, it will be nice to have someone hear my symptoms, look at my meds, and hopefully get me started down the road to recovery.

The other night i was watching to an interview on tv and the dr said that being an adult was working through your issues of childhood.  I thought, dear god, i will NEVER die. It scared me so bad, that i had to take another xanax to go to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment