Monday, January 14, 2013

footloose

Sometimes i have the most profound and insightful thoughts....right as i am going to sleep

Thankfully, i think that i have finally shaken this monkey of depression off of my back.  I had an early morning meeting and now that i am home i am cleaning my office getting ready to get back into the swing of things for a new semester.  I am only taking 6 hours so that maybe i don't overwhelm myself as i did in the spring and hoping that my depression doesn't come back soon. 

I always thought that i was to one extreme or another due to the fact that i am Libra and my sign is the scales.  I thought that was why i was always searching for balance.  Now i realize that it is my bipolar that has me searching to keep my emotions and life out of the ditch. 

There is this new Citibank commercial that continuously plays a version of the footloose theme song...i cant stand it.  It did bring back a memory of my bff, her dad took her family to see the movie, which was odd because i don't ever recall them going to see a movie.  Anyway, i was so jealous that she had gone to see this hot new movie and i had not been able to share the experience with her... even though i couldn't put it into those words at the time.  The really funny part about it was that she had even come up with this dance that i just knew had come from that movie.  Now that i think about that, i am pretty sure that she just spun in circles....what can i say we were young and i was impressed.  It is funny the things that you remember. 

My mother had a lucid thought the other day and called me, i usually don't answer because i don't like to talk on the phone and most days lately i don't have it to give for her emotional roller coaster.  She wants to have a sit down to figure out why i am so mad at her.  She has decided that she wants a car to be able to drive.....now i have two family members that i have to keep an eye out for while on the road, neither of which should be driving. My mother in law drove all of the way to our morning optimist meeting with her headlights off, because she couldn't figure out how to turn them on.....we meet at 630am.  I am pretty sure that my mother gets lost from the living room to the southwest room, but my dad probably has zero butt left from her chewing on it.  My adoptive father sent me an email the other day to ask if she was okay because she called him to let him know that they was a show on PBS for potters....i don't even know if he even does anything with his clay anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment