Sunday, January 6, 2013

my wish for 2013

This is what i would like to see from 2013.  I would like it to be a year of forgiveness and honestly i would like to blend into the curtains and make it through the year with no real issues or drama.  I know that the latter will be of little to no spiritual growth for me, but i would like to find some peace. 

My academic vacation is over, as i start my VITA (volunteer income tax assistance) class on Monday.  I find it ridiculous that i am having to use the 2011 tax forms for reference because Washington cant decide on the 2012 tax forms...i bet all the tax software companies are loving this. 

One of my former assistants sent me an invite to Linkedin.  I have had an account for years, but never really did anything with it, now it seems like a good idea to get all my business contacts together for a future when i wont be in college anymore.  It is amazing what a small world it really is, i found two former bosses.  One who let me float down the river without a paddle and my old LP who tried to stop it found me on facebook the other day.  I am glad to feel as though i am finally putting that chapter of my life behind me.  It is incredible how the negative things about people are branded into your brain.  After i left my old job, a lot of facts finally came to light.  I finally figured out who had stolen the laptops, who helped, and how it was allowed to happen. I saw the guy about a year ago, driving in front of my store, we made eye contact for a second and i heard him say "hey, there is my old boss".  I wanted to scream "thief", but who am i to judge.  I would have never left that job, which would have never allowed for me to go to school. 

Matt and I went out to eat last week and he ran into a guy that he used to work with, as he sat down at the table, he told me who the guy was.  It really shocked me that the guy wasn't in his twenties as i had always assumed, he was our age.  I had just chalked up all the things that he did and allowed to happen to just being young and dumb. I guess some people never grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment