Sunday, January 6, 2013

holiday gift shopping

The holidays have come and gone and i for one am excited...i did zero holiday baking this year, waited until the last minute for the planning of Christmas dinner.  Everything went off without a hitch, so i cant complain.  Except i was up way too early for my only day off that week.  I received two Christmas presents, one from an employee with a bunch of apple Cinnamon stuff, and the other from my in laws.  Why my mother in law always buys me jewelry is beyond me.  I always wear the same earrings and necklace, in fact, i rarely take them off. 

I did receive a Christmas card in the mail from my mother, that said she missed me and loved me.  I am thankful that came during the Christmas season.  She had my dad drop off a birthday card about two months after my birthday, that she had addressed with my first name, my married last name, my legal last name, my dad's last name, my last name as it appears on my birth certificate, and the nickname my adoptive father gave me.  Matt saw that and asked what the deal was with the seeing eye chart.  I guess the only one she forgot was my ex husbands last name and then it would have been complete.  Anyway, inside the card was a newspaper clipping of all of the people that had a birthday on the same day as me. 

Thankfully, Matt took care of the Christmas presents for our family.  I had grand plans for the few people i needed to buy for, then just slipped them some cash.  They both cried and hugged me.  I cant help it, when people cry around me, i will immediately start to cry as well.  It was a good day and it made me feel good.  It wasn't very inventive and kinda tacky, but cash, the gift that always fits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment