Monday, January 21, 2013

roller coaster

I remember i heard that insecurity is a bottomless pit that will never be filled by someone else.

I have an employee that suffers from trusting the wrong people and has little to no faith in herself, always looking for validation. About every day or so she hits me up for a raise, telling me that other places will pay her more. I decided years ago that i would not be held hostage by my employees, so i don't promise her anything and try to prepare her for the reality of retail in this economy. She tells me that she went to a place and that they offered her a job, i just smile. I never really know if she is telling me the truth or just making herself look better. She also told me that she had talked to a lower volume store and that they immediately offered her a job at a higher pay rate. Unfortunately, this usually backfires for the employee, because it proves to me that i am going to have to pay for their loyalty and that never lasts. She is usually drama filled and her bottomless pit of insecurities sucks the life out of me. You never know who is going to show up to the party and there are days that she walks into the front door that i know today is going to be a roller coaster.

I often wonder if this is what i am like to live with

No comments:

Post a Comment