Saturday, February 11, 2012

balance and boundaries

People involved in top-quality relationships do not seek happiness. Instead, they seek growth. Growth, in turn, creates happiness.

I have issues with boundaries and balance.  I am to one extreme or another and usually end up upset with the situation when i have given too much or feeling guilty because i didn't give enough.  Guilt is a huge motivator.  You can guilt anyone into doing almost anything.  I don't think that i ever knew how to set realistic and healthy boundaries for myself.  I don't like confrontation so i don't usually call people on their crap.  I hate that God seems to keep putting me in situations where i have to face these difficulties. 

Case in point.  Someone whom i thought was concerned about my emotional well being sent me a text and wanted to make sure i was okay....then it turned into a "what are you wearing" kind of conversation.  Really???  It is amazing what kind of people crawl out of the woodwork when they find out you haven't had sex in almost 5 years.  Here is some more advice for all of  you guys out there, asking a girl about her gag reflex isn't a great seduction technique either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment