Wednesday, February 15, 2012

vday

My mother never made it a habit of lying to me.  I once asked her if santa clause was real and she said "no". 

I remember the last Christmas my mother and adoptive father were together.  I looked at the presents under the tree and was so excited to open them.....then i did....that was it. 

I don't remember having a birthday party.  Holidays have never really been a deal to me, working retail, Christmas was always a stressful event to survive. 

My birthday is usually the most horrible day of the year.  It is my personal Friday the 13th.  If someone even mentions my birthday, i immediately shush them as if "they" might hear and come and destroy my day. 

Valentines day...i don't know if i ever remember it being a special day.  I like how everyone has started  calling it "singles awareness day".  It seems like a lot of pressure to produce grandiose results.  I think men should give their women flowers on random days when it isn't expected.  Buy a card that doesn't cost $5 and wish her "happy random thursday". 

No comments:

Post a Comment