Thursday, February 9, 2012

cleaning up

Utilitarian.  I was describing dog shoes to a customer on the phone and stated that i had some that were fashionable and some that were utilitarian....he didn't understand. 

There is one thing that i am grateful to my adoptive father for and that he was educated and he was a reader.  I love to read, it is the thing that i crave to do with little free time that i have.  I used to subscribe to tons of magazines in order to read with little time.  Then the magazines became something for me to do when Matt drove so that i didn't tell him how to drive or have a nervous breakdown because of his driving.  I felt bad for killing the environment with all of that paper and had no free time when i started back to school, so i cancelled all of my subscriptions. 

I used to drive my adoptive father crazy when i was in high school and thought i was so cool.  I would be talking in my teen ways of "like" and "you know".  It amazed me how long into adulthood that i carried that habit and became acutely aware of how unprofessional and uneducated it made me sound.  Profanity, like cigarette smoke, is something that is unbearable to me now.  Ironically i used to love doing both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment