Friday, February 17, 2012

the best relationship that i never had

Perception is reality.

People always want what they cant have and once they get it, they don't want it anymore. 

I will never understand this.  I was pursued by a guy for almost two years, then one day he got my attention.  He just asked me to marry him.  I (never wanting to be abandoned) said yes.  He bought me the huge ring (i thought a carat was huge), had a joint checking account, joint credit cards, we moved in together, he treated me badly, we fought, then he broke up with me.  Proceeded to go out the following weekend and along with a few other guys have sex with a chic in a car.  Ironically she got pregnant.  Oh and i forgot to tell you that once he got so drunk on a float trip with his newly acquainted sister, that he kissed her. 

I met his wife once and she gave me a very evil look.  Supposedly, he almost called her my name on their wedding day.  Clearly, she felt as though our relationship was something enviable. 

About once every couple of years, he comes along to see if there is still a chance. I then have to remind him that he treated me very badly, we were horrible together, and he was the one that broke up with me.  Ask him and he will tell you that i was the one that got away????

I often wonder if i am just programmed to remember only bad things about past relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment