Wednesday, February 8, 2012

dont borrow trouble

relationships have inertia, they either start out right or wrong and will continue to go that way unless something huge happens to distort their course.....the trick is to realize which course you are on before it is too late

I heard on the radio tonight about a man that confessed his sins a thousand times.  The preacher told him that he should only confess his sins once and thank god 999 times for forgiveness. 

Regret is useless.  I always think that i made the right decision at the time with the information that i had.  Now, if i could only get my worry into perspective.  Once my parents went with me to court and mother had just had some of her lung removed.  She still smoked and coughed continuously.  There was a man sitting next to her that asked if she was sick and said that he had a baby at home and didn't need to be around sick people.  She told him no, but continued to cough.  Finally he moved and i am sure that he said something about her continued coughing.  I always admired the Sugarbaker lady on Designing Women that had the ability to put people in their place.  I am the Monday morning quarterback of being able to put people in their place.  I am able to come up with lots of witty things to say.....after the fact.  My mother later said that she didn't realize that she coughed that much.  I always felt bad for saying or doing something for making my mother feel bad. 

The older i get, the more of a germaphobe i become.  My ex roommate used to have this complex dance she did when going to the bathroom.  She would get her papertowel, turn on the water, wash her hands, dry her hands, use the papertowel to turn off the water, use the papertowel to open the door, and then hold the door open with her foot and throw the paper towel away.  I now do this as well. 

Salt and Pepper shakers, i like salt on my onion rings, i eat onion rings with my fingers, i wonder when the last time the salt and pepper shakers have been washed (probably never). 

No comments:

Post a Comment