Saturday, March 17, 2012

bff

yesterday i was able to spend an awesome day with my bff

background.  DeeDee and I had parents that both worked at the same small town junior college.  Our parents thought it would be a good idea for us to meet.  She lived in a huge 2 story house and had dolls, was creative (her mother did arts and craft with her children).  DeeDee was frail, blonde, and pale.  She was so quiet, with stringy blonde hair.  We were in second grade and we such dorks that we didn't even realize that we rode the school bus to the same school.  I lived on campus and got on the bus with the rest of the kids who lived in the runned down trailer park that was known as married/student housing.  I was loud and tom boyish.  DeeDee kept to herself.  I always thought the girl that walked by herself looked familiar, but never put it together.   Until one day our parents asked why we didn't spend time together in school. 

This was before "no child left behind" and our classes were separated into (what seemed to me social classes), there was class 4a and class 4b.  I was in the 4b class, DeeDee played basketball and hung out with the cool kids and was in class 4a. 

When we were in seventh grade we both transferred to another school, my adoptive father talked the school counselor into having our schedules be the same.  Things changed that year, DeeDee became the extrovert and i became the nervous one that was more concerned about not embarrassing myself.  DeeDee and I switched places.  My parents had divorced, my mother was marrying my father and i decided that i didn't want to be the poor nobody anymore. 

I have always been blessed with looks.  It has taken me 40 years to accept this and be more comfortable with my body.  A man that has loved me no matter what has made this possible. DeeDee and i were easily accepted.  We have shared everything in the past 30+years. 

I am extremely lucky and blessed to have someone i am so comfortable with and feel no need to hide from.  She accepts me with my failures and with open arms and a bottle of wine when the going gets tough.  She motivated me to put on my big girl panties and go back to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment