Sunday, March 25, 2012

points

Gabrielle Union is an actress with a great outlook on life.  She was brutally attacked when she was 19.  I love that she took the experience and was able to ask herself "who in my life is going to encourage survivorhood, not victimhood".  She had become uncomfortable with feeling like a victim and noticed that people will let you stay in that state as long as you want.

I hate feeling like a victim, there is no power in it.  I really cant stand other people who want to revel in it.  Don't get me wrong, i have days when i want to feel sorry for myself, have someone baby me, and lick my wounds.  It is almost as if i am recharging to get up and go out to face the big bad world again. 

Sympathy, this is my take on it.  If you walk out your front door and get hit by a car then i feel really bad for you.  If you drink a case of beer, pass out in the parking lot and get hit by a car.....not so much.  I don't understand how people are incapable of taking personal responsibility for their actions and therefore the consequences of those actions. 

"you don't get any points when you get to heaven for putting up with bullshit"................well said Gabrielle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment