Sunday, March 4, 2012

the push

I always wonder if people are truly happy all of the time or if it is just an act.  If you see me out in public, i always seem so very happy.  I have learned how to put on the mask, working retail will do that to you.  I tell my people, customers dont care if your dog died, they just want you to help them.  It is like when someone asks you how you are, it is a retorical question, no one really cares how you are...they are just being polite. 

I often wonder if it is in the cards for me to be truly happy, is that an unrealistic expectation?  I get that it is unrealistic to be eurphorically happy every single day, but i look at couples and wonder if after all the years of marriage are they really happy or just learn to stop complaining, learned how to put on the act?

I know that every persons path in life is different.  I used to think that there was a window of opportunity to meet someone and I had spent mine with some a**hole loser and missed mine.  I then met and married my husband, which i would tell people that no one could handle me like my husband.  Then i just stopped saying it, i dont remember when.  One day i remembered, said it, and instantly knew it was a lie when it left my lips.   \

Once on the tonight show, a couple was asked how they had stayed married for 50+ years.  The response was that neither of them had fallen out of love at the same time. 

My issue is that when i have been pushed out of love, i never seem to fall back in love. 

1 comment:

  1. Happiness.....I've never given it much thought before. I think the only time I've ever been truly unhappy was when I was in my first marriage. I was really unhappy! Once I was out of it I was unhappy until I adjusted to being alone. But once I learned to be happy alone...I've never looked back.

    ReplyDelete