Wednesday, March 21, 2012

the fuss

as my ex roommate used to say "you are one decision away from ending up on jerry springer"

i don't want to sound old, but i am knocking on the door of 40.  I had a savings account before my parents divorced.  It really does shock me the number of people that work for me that don't have a savings account, not to mention a checking account.  They actually pay a fee to get their money off a prepaid credit card.  There is something wrong with paying someone to use my own money.  I am sure this is why my bank hates me, i actually do have free checking and might bounce a check once a year and that really gripes me.  I only use free atms. 

Everyone blames the housing bubble on home ownership not being the American dream.  I really think that there are younger people these days that don't care about their credit, don't care to own a home, or retirement, and don't really understand what the fuss is about.  I am not sure if it is the instant gratification of our society.  I get a 30 year mortgage is scary, it scared the crap out of me.  Replacing the roof on my house, bursting pipes, water heater exploding or the house just burning down are the things that keep me awake at night.  Maybe not worrying about tomorrow is the better way to be.  Maybe we are the ones who stop fussing and start enjoying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment