Friday, March 23, 2012

time machine

you give me the reason.
you give me control.
i gave you my Purity.
my Purity you stole.
did you think i wouldn't recognize this compromise.
am i just too stupid to realize.
stale incense old sweat and lies lies lies
you give me the anger.
you give me the nerve.
carry out the sentence.
i get what i deserve.
i'm just an effigy to be defaced.
to be disgraced.
your need for me has been replaced.
and if i can't have everything well then just give me a taste

someone once told me that i listened to the most hateful music for being such a nice girl.....what does that even mean

I am thinking that since i don't have tattoos, piercings, or a swastika on my forehead that i should be listening to soft rock???

Music is to me what i am sure art is to some people.   If a song is really good, it will speak to me, convey a message or a feeling. It is a memory, it reminds me of good and bad times in my life.  If anyone wants to argue that then listen to Johnny Cash sing Hurt.  Even though it was a remake of a NIN song, it was after his wife died and it is raw. 

I always thought that country music could either make you fall in love or break your heart.

Songs remind me of people.

Look at you girl
Break in the storm
In the air tonight
rattlesnake road
right kind of wrong
shameless
unanswered prayers
give them something to talk about

It is my personal time machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment