Saturday, March 24, 2012

constant commentary

is akin to "loud and aggressive people"

I spent too much of my life trying to entertain people and talking about anything other than the elephant in the room.  I wish people would get that there is absolutely nothing wrong with not saying a word.

If i don't have anything of importance to add to a conversation, i see nothing wrong with not wasting the energy to say something to just hear myself talk.  Some people find this annoying, but unless you are asking me a question there really is no need to respond. 

I think peoples inability to sit and be quiet is because they are not comfortable in their own skin.  They are too scared of what they might discover if they just shut up.  It is like the fast talking car salesman playing the shell game, he is too busy trying to distract you, so you don't figure out what his con is. 

I really stink at boundaries.  I am either to one extreme or another.  I let the wrong people in, keep the right people out, and i really believe that this is something learned early in life.  Perfect example, people (mostly women) that have been sexually abused at an early age often share very private details of their life with strangers.  I have had this happen on more than one occasion.  I find that when people start oversharing with someone they don't really know, there is usually an agenda.   These girls have zero motive, other than really for someone to tell them that they are okay.

I really like being comfortable enough with someone to sit in the same space and not say a word, not because i am angry or wish to be elsewhere, but because i really just like their company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment