Wednesday, March 21, 2012

the complication

Bob had found a better deal and left me.  Well, not really, it took him over a week to move out.  I finally just stayed at my parents and drove the hour to and from work. 

Bob did make sure he cleaned out the checking account and leave me with all of the bills that i so foolishly had in my name (last time that will happen as well). 

I found 2 roommates, to not only help pay the bills but to try and keep me from falling into a huge depression.   These guys are still dear friends of mine and i am very thankful to them for trying to keep me from self imploding my life.  I dont remember a lot from that summer, i spent too much of it with a coors light in my hand.   I do remember Jon. 

Jon was a mutual friend of Bob's and I.  Jon had been to our house many times, spent thanksgiving with us and help us move.  Jon was a student and worked for me part time.  I had a cook out for my employees and Jon met Bob, they had common interests and became fast friends.  Jon was out of town when the drama happened, he had called me and i told him the news.  He came and took me to lunch, i was still in survival mode until Bob finally moved.  I was excited about getting my independence back and moving away from this toxic time in my life.  Jon knew that being with Bob was zero good for me and tried to navigate between us in order to not make waves. 

I had called Jon one night and was talking about random things, he was acting different.  Then i realized that he was with Bob, i profusely apologized and hung up.  I had never wanted to put him in the middle, it took about 10 minutes for him to show up at my door.  This is when i had realized that Bob left me for someone else and that he was living with her. 

Jon and i were in this strange relationship.  One night he and i had closed the store and he says that i locked the door and fell apart, he grabbed me and held me to his chest.  I think he drove me home that night.  The dog that Bob had gotten for his son and left had been digging out of the fence.  I was so mad at her that i threw a stump and hit her, i still feel bad about this.  I then declared that we must go to the bar, we ended up at the closest bar to my house.  My roommate Chris, Jon, and I (probably the rest of the gang) set up camp and drank our blues away.  Jon must have gotten his liquid courage, he put his hand on my leg and i was so happy to feel something other than pain, that i placed my hand on top of his.  I suppose we stayed until last call, between 3 of us we werent sure who could drive across the street to the housing addition where my roommate and i lived.  Jon took one for the team and drove.  I only remember the three of us ending up in a pile in the dining room where we had fallen from the garage (i am sure that i am the clutz that started that dogpile).  We all sat in the living room for awhile until Jon leaned over to kiss me and i told him "this is going to get complicated"

No comments:

Post a Comment