Sunday, March 25, 2012

resolution

today i read an article about new years resolutions (yes, the magazine was current)
I don't think that i made any for this year.  I always resolve to lose weight, this has been my resolution for as long as i can remember.  One year i did make a list of the things that i wanted to accomplish during the year, nothing insurmountable like climbing mt Everest or curing cancer.  The list did include getting a tattoo (never could decide on anything and i need someone to hold my hand/entertain me), learn how to walk in high heels (i bought some heels, does that count?), and i cant remember the other things. 

I don't get new years resolutions, i think that you should get up every day and try to do better than you did the day before.  I am always trying to be a better me, some days are better than others.

"all the resolving in the universe cant conquer our emotions....feeling emotionally out of control is like having a fender bender: It teaches us to navigate cautiously, pull back before we hurt ourselves and others, and find the calmest aspect of the psyche so we are safer "drivers" in our relationships."

No comments:

Post a Comment