Sunday, March 11, 2012

third arm

once my mother told me about the last night her and my adoptive father spent together.

She said that she didn't want to get another divorce and i would imagine leave another child behind.  She came to the house and was laying with my adoptive father, she asked him to hold her and he flung his arm onto the pillow (don't put yourself out).  She said that she realized that she was asking him to do and be something that he was not capable of doing.  She said it was as if she was asking him to grow a third arm. 

When you put it that way, it makes you realize that it has less to do with you and more to do with the other person.  I always hung on to relationships, scared that miraculously they would morph into the perfect mate and i wouldn't be there to partake. 

This is what i call an equal opportunist, they treat everyone like crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment