Saturday, July 6, 2013

amazon smack down

I came home early and took a nap.  that was nice. 

last night I receive an email about a product review that I had posted on amazon, the original review was "I study, read, and crochet in bed while watching tv (it is my luxury). I continously have issues being able to see what i am doing. I have a small bedside lamp, but it doesnt put out much light and if i use the overhead light, it sometimes casts a shadow on what i am trying to do. I had to stay in a hotel for business and thought the lamps mounted on the wall were very functional and easy to operate. No more fumbling for the switch on the cord. I told my husband that i needed a lamp to mount on the wall and he was absolutely against it. When trying to learn to crochet, i thought this is it. I immediately pulled out my laptop and just knew there had to be a wall lamp that was functional and didnt look as though it belonged in a hotel. I found it. I didnt want to spend a lot of money on the lamp, because i didnt know if i would like it or if my husband would let me have it. The lamp came to my home quickly and when i opened it, my husband was still against it. I came home one day to find it hanging on my side of the bed and I have been very happy with the lamp. It is a 3 way bulb with a max of 150, which is very useful, depending on what you are working on. The switch is located at the base of the lamp, which most of the time is cumbersome to turn on and off, but if the lamp is mounted above your head, it is far easier to get to. Warning, the cord cover is not included and i would absolutely suggest that you have one. Now, i just need to convince my husband to let me get one for his side of the bed. Oh yeah, you will love the fact that there is one less thing sitting on your endtable, dresser, whatever. "

"You sound like someone whose review can be trusted, but it is a shame that you are an adult in a relationship where you feel like you must get permission from your husband like a child from a parent."

I was too tired to respond and thought that if I didn't have anything nice to say then I shouldn't say anything at all.  then I wake up this morning to this reply from another user.

"The husband owns the house too! Its only right that Tanya consults him. Give him some credit, he was against it but still relented and mounted it for Tanya anyway. With your self-centered attitude you shouldn't be giving relationship advice to anyone and I'd be surprised if you can find anyone willing to put up with you for very long! "

it is nice to have a man come to your defense

No comments:

Post a Comment