Wednesday, July 17, 2013

voodoo

there is a preacher from Haiti going to our little community college majoring in agriculture.  He plans on going back to his country and using his church teach surrounding communities how to grow their own food.

He had lunch today with my preacher and they discussed many things, but the subject of voodoo came up and how rampant it is in Haiti.  People practice, Christianity, voodoo, or both.  All I kept thinking of was voodoo dolls.  I found it all interesting how prevalent and prominent voodoo was in Haiti.  The man said that Americans are sheltered from it, because our laws would not allow such practices to become so rampant.  I always linked voodoo to a self fulfilled prophecy, if you believed in it enough then it would happen.

Do I believe that evil exists, yes.  Why, it is a balance of life, the yin and the yang.  There cannot be light without dark, sweet without sour, good without evil.  You would never enjoy the warmth of the sun on your skin without the cold of the darkness.  You cannot truly savor the sweetness of cold watermelon without the bitter taste of lemon.  You will never know how fortunate you truly are until you have walked through the valley of the shadow of death. 

The last session of verbal diarrhea that I was subjected to by my ex husband (this is what I called his verbal abuse).  I almost had an out of body experience where I looked down upon myself laying on the floor crying, he had continued to call me and tell me horrible things then hang up just to call me again.  I thought to myself, is this the day that I have had enough? 

No comments:

Post a Comment