Saturday, October 26, 2013

feeling like a rock star

we all know how much I love the panhandlers in my community.  Today there was a guy standing on the corner with his sign and a gas can.  I first thought it was a red donation box, which would have been innovative but no he was waving around his gas can. 

I had the pleasure once of working with the best man I have ever known. He had came to work and was approached by a guy who was panhandling for money to buy gas with his gas can in tow.  He asked me if I had a gas can in my car.  No, I have never ran out of gas.  He said that his son had a gas can in his car and he always ran out of gas.  Sad part is this was when gas was still below $2.00.  Wonder how much the sales of gas cans rose with the price of gas.

I actually got to feel like a rock star the other day.  It seems as though every street in this town is under construction.  I was late and tired when I left work the other day, one side of the street was closed and traffic was backed up a mile.  I thought forget this, so I drove between the cones and drove in the closed lane.  Others followed suite and we all got home a little sooner than we would have, it was a nice feeling.  I am just glad that I didn't pass a cop along the way. 

I saw the craziest thing last night on TV.  I was watching catfish and this guy was trying to decide whether to leave his current girlfriend for someone he met online.  The guys said they would only get involved if he broke things off with his current girlfriend.  He had the conversation with her and so they arranged for him to met the person he had been texting with, it was a guy.  He was a psychopath.  He pulls up in this car and gets out doing this slow clap.  I suppose he thought he was the police of all online cheaters.  Supposedly his girlfriend had been with guys who had cheated on her so he thought it was his job to punk these guys that were looking to cheat.  They finally went to the guys house the next day, he was just as crazy.  I never saw a girlfriend.  He then said that this guy was different, so they asked if he was gay and he said maybe.  He probably has his girlfriend locked in the basement or he killed her and is practicing taxidermy. 

Sad part is that this guy really reminded me of someone from my past and it made me realize that I don't have good judgment when it comes to people in my personal life.  This guy had a lot of issues, a self esteem issue, and he was VERY angry about it and I am sure in a narcissistic way he had a way of blaming everyone else in his life for his issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment