Friday, October 11, 2013

working with the public

I think that everyone should have to work with the public for at least one year of their life

I have started a process called a group interview, every Wednesday at 2pm people come in and fill out a basic two page information sheet about themselves, their experience with animals, and why they want to work for me.  I am not really sure why I have them fill it out except that it gives me time to get other things done while they are being busy.  I then come and join the circle and tell them about myself and why I decided to join the company. I had three people show up Wednesday, one of my people texts me to tell me she thinks that one of them is a vampire.  I walk over to join them and the girl is on her phone.  The guy closest to me seems normal, but the guy in the middle is dressed all in black, has these long, nasty finger nails.  He then proceeds to tell me that he has issues with his hands because he is an expert swordsman.  He knew everything about everything.  I wanted to tell him that I was sorry that he couldn't work for me because he got on my nerves.  He did tell me that if he didn't get the job that he was going to camp out on my awning and throw his swords at dogs as they came in....he might have been serious.

I had a lady call me on Tuesday and tell me that she had bought six parakeets and had them in a cockatiel cage.  She bought them so that they could entertain her cats but it just wasn't working out because her cats were trying to eat the birds.  She wanted to bring them in and relinquish them to us, to adopt them out to a good home.  I still haven't seen her.  I am hoping that her cats didn't eat the birds. 

Today I received a settlement check from a class action law suit for a bank that was charging overdraft fees improperly.....it was $2.13....woohoo, Vegas, here I come. 

My last gossip child gave her notice today.  Now I just have to pick my assistant, hope my other department manager doesn't quit and either change my new department manager or hope she quits too.  I really hate to see my turn over this year, but it is amazing how much better I feel that I have people around me that are positive, fun, and not there to cause as much chaos as they can. 

I dropped one of my classes this semester.  I am disappointed in myself but I really feel like a weight has been lifted now that I only have one class to focus on and it is leaving me time to focus on myself and enjoy some down time.

My dad has decided to run for DA.....so it is back to the campaign trail that I go!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment