Wednesday, October 9, 2013

the dysfunctional christmas letter

I had an early appointment with my psychiatrist then an afternoon appointment with my therapist.  I probably should have spent that time studying but I went to the mall instead. 

I decided to have lunch and there was an elderly couple that was being held hostage by a guy at a table next to mine.  He was talking about his passport and it was going to expire in a year and a half and he didn't know what he was going to do about it.  He was talking about Michelle who was home schooling her children.  Someone else who had a new job and was training in san Diego.  I don't think that the elderly couple said two words in the time that it took for me to get my sandwich and eat it.  The guy reminded me of one of those obnoxious Christmas letters you get from people you really don't know but they feel the need to tell you about all of the great things going on in their life the past year since they sent you the last annoying letter.

This is how my family's letter would go....

Brother was thrown in jail for stalking his married girlfriend when she kicked him to the curb for a new boyfriend.  Uncle decided that he wasn't "regular" enough and so he drank an entire bottle of milk of magnesium and prune juice, then proceeded to crap all over himself.  His brother had to come over and clean him up.  Sister is trying for the world record of breaking bones.  Me, well, I have spent a small fortune on doctors to try and dig me from this depression that has taken hold of my life for the past year.  Hope you have a very Merry Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment