Friday, June 28, 2013

my awesome sister

today was a very long day and I am glad to be home

I saw two sets of homeless people begging for money at the corner today. I was very impressed because it was above 90 degrees outside and they have zero shade.  there was a chic that was new, I think she was with the couple in the truck that were camped out in the grass and looked as though they literally had everything they owned in the back of their truck.  it looked like it had been there for awhile too. 

the old man had his sign "broke and hungry" he did well, I saw two cars stop and give him money.  he looked less like a crack whore than the chic did, which probably helped him out a lot.  my dad says that "my panhandler friend is a private business man, sets his own hours. doesn't need to dress and much like a preacher, delivers a message "help me I represent the poor" and lives off the sympathy of others.  he has no product, no employees. he just wants to be left alone to do his job without government intervention.  in many ways he's smarter than the rest of us.  He's under the radar in all respects."  I am sorry, I like living in a house, taking a daily shower, having clean clothes, and being able to work in a climate controlled building. he can have that job, I will just pay my taxes.

I drove away from that scene being incredibly thankful for what I have and for once I was not judgmental.......well, not entirely, the crackwhore comment was a bit judgmental. 

sister sent me a text the other night, she actually called, but I was at church.  she wanted to know "did I pray for my used to b fine ass and soul?"  I told her no, that there was nothing wrong with her soul and she still has a fine ass.  she hoped that god and a handsome man told me that.  she wanted to know my blog address, I face booked it to her with a warning.  she was telling me how much my niece is just like me.  I told her I knew that and I hated the heartache that it was going to cause my niece.  sister told me bull crap, I was incredible, smart, and have a contagious laugh. 

this my friends are what sisters are for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment