Sunday, June 2, 2013

today's rant

if you don't know me, then don't touch me
if you are sick, stay home, i do not want your germs

i have become incredibly guarded.  i am peeling off the mask that i wear to the public.  this is not going to go well.  in my life people don't really care what you think or how you feel.  i have spent decades perfecting being the people pleaser, isn't that what customer service is all about?  the customer is always right?  my emotions are raw, irritation comes easy, and my ability to sugar coat is gone.  i do still have the ability to not always say what is on my mind, but i will stand there and just stare at you. 

yesterday, a man shows up at 3 wanting to know where my adoption partner is, i tell him that they get there at 9am and leave around 2 (hello, they are volunteers and have a life).  i start to tell him where other places are that he can adopt animals.  i ask him if he knows where one of the places is.  silence.  i mutter under my breath, i guess he doesn't care.  i am not sure if he heard me or not, but i don't really care.  he needs to stop being a douche bag. 

i come back from the bank and there is a lady there, who starts the conversation off with "i am not sure if you remember me or not".  i hate that.  that is almost as annoying as "do you remember me".  if you have to ask, then probably not.  she shakes my hand, ugh, i don't know you, don't touch me.  i resist the urge to find the hand sanitizer.  she then proceeds to tell me, very forcefully, that she wants to work for my company at the retail level and then move to the corporate office.  she then goes into how her personal situation has changed, blah, blah, blah.  Lady, you are cutting into my time, my husband is waiting to take me to get eggs benedict and i am hungry.  i lie to her and tell her i have no open positions, because she is getting on my nerves and the number one rule i have about hiring employees is that if i want to smack them in the first 2 minutes that i meet them then it isn't advisable that we spend anymore time together.  aka, you arent hired. 

truck shows up a day late, i hurt my calf while unloading it and it is a miracle that i didn't get crushed by it when i was forced to let it just fly down the back of the semi uncontrollably.  there are 15 pallets, i have thrown 3 pallets of dog food, sweat running down my face and this lady wants to tell me about the this dog that she needs to get rid of...first, she touched me, asked me if i knew her, and then blah, blah, blah.  Lady, if i had a dollar for every person who had an animal that they needed a home for, then i wouldn't be here with a hurt leg, throwing this truck.  i look at this poor dog and it looks like benji but covered in fleas, ticks, and all sorts of things stuck in its hair.  Really, you want to find a home for this dog looking like that.  the only way someone is taking that dog off of your hands is because they feel sorry for it and you are obviously too stupid to adequately take care of it.

i am officially old and crotchety......and i do not care

No comments:

Post a Comment