Friday, June 14, 2013

selfish people

well a tiger never changes his stripes

my aunt takes care of my uncle, who is schizophrenic, her husband (who has cancer), and practically everyone else it seems like.  apparently when my grandmother passed away she left the house to all of her children.  my uncle has been living there and it is becoming clear that my uncle needs to have help other than my aunt...who is doing too much.  my adoptive father, my uncle's biological brother, the oldest of the family is useless.  my aunt is thinking of selling the house and putting my uncle in a small apartment, but will need financial help.  when my aunt asked my adoptive father to put his portion of the sale into taking care of my uncle, his reply was "i need that money",  more like his wife wants that money.....probably to take care of her kids. 

my sister, brother, and i have basically managed to raise ourselves with little help from him.  he draws a military pension, a pension from teaching, and he still works.  what in the heck could be costing him so much that he DESPERATELY needs that money.  i don't know why i let this surprise me and i would call him out on it, but he would just acted oblivious as to what the big deal is. 

so my aunt's husband had major surgery, my adoptive father was suppose to be taking care of my uncle.  he had an accident and had crapped all over himself.  butch was so aggravated that he couldn't even really help my uncle.  i remember when my mother hurt her back and was left to lay on the floor of that trailer we lived in, she had pneumonia, and butch was too busy with baseball and his other women to care for her.  she could have died (wow, that would give me all new issues to deal with).  i used to think it was because butch didn't deal well with sick people.  my grandmother had a hard pregnancy and lost the child when butch was younger and his grandmother told him something about it being his fault, that god was punishing him.  this would all make total sense with my cereal box psychiatry degree, but then he marries the most hypochondriac woman i have ever met.  if she says jump, i don't even think he asks how high, he just starts jumping. 

i cannot believe that some people can be so selfish.  i just want to scream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment