Tuesday, June 11, 2013

the B man

in december, my GSM found a weimaraner wondering through the parking lot.  he was covered in ticks and was underweight.  there was no room in any of the fosters because of his size and most people don't want to adopt large black dogs.  my husband was open to the idea of bringing him home, when we let him out of the kennel, he immediately walked to my husband and put his head under his arm.  off to the vet we went.  Buckley did an amazing job riding the truck, he put his butt on the seat, his front paws on the floor board, and his head right in between my husband and I.  vet was out on wednesday, so bubba had to stay the night. 

the last six months have been a learning experience.  bubba is about 2 years old and full of energy, paisely is lazy and it has been a long time since i have had someone in this house with that much energy.  bubba liked to redecorate the house often in the beginning.  he is able to open the door to my husbands office and once he trapped himself in the office and lunched on the mini blinds.  the day that he had dined on my husbands bible was the day that i almost lost my precious B.  i had to invest in a crate, i hated to see him jailed during the day, but i also didn't want to see him go to the pound where he would surely die.  thankfully, the crate only lasted a few months. 

B is an awesome alarm clock, this morning he woke me up at 6:15am and it is my day off.  he is a great defender of his new family.  he ensures that we are safe from all dangers....rabbits, cats, squirrels and the other day a box turtle that was trying to get to our neighbors yard.  i finally went out and helped the turtle through the fence, i am sure that my neighbor (the farmer) will be delighted.

he loves marshmallows and shares them with me often.  his weekly treat is a trip to the donut shop, where this week sarah gave him a donut hole....he is surely in love now. 

i sincerely think that animals pick us, i know that i am blessed to have this huge black dog in my life.  even on the worst days, he has more care in his eyes than i feel that i deserve, but he is my bubba. 

warning, given the chance he will run like a convict.  i now know why they traditionally bob the tails of weimaraners.....that dog can give a beating. 

1 comment:

  1. He has soulful eyes! I knew a weiner once that was the neighborhood thief. If anything came up missing, lawn chairs, kids shoes you just went to Shotsy,s yard and you'd find it!

    ReplyDelete