Tuesday, June 4, 2013

was today monday?

I started today off with a dead cat in my office....not a good sign

I am still not moving very quickly with my bad leg, it took my a bit longer to get out the door this morning.  I am trying to eat about 1200 calories a day to get my weight down.  I know this will only help my calf and ankle heal.  When you eat like this, it takes some planning, so I made my lunch, made my oatmeal and headed out the door in the rain.

I arrived at the store and was partly mindful of the two dogs running through the parking lot.  Bobbi heard the dogs barking at the back door, opened the door to see what they were barking at in the rain and they had the cat.  Bobbi scooped it up, brought it to the office.  I tried everything, gave it liquids, and even performed CPR to no avail. 

I was off for two days, the store is a mess and there is a dead cat in my office.....I finally had to laugh at the irony.  

I did come home and hug my cat extra tight.  watching that poor animal struggle for its last breath makes you realize how fragile their little lives are.  someone is probably looking for their cat tonight, which is why a cat's lifespan is diminished greatly when left outside. 

I am now struggling with what to do for comfort when I am having a tough time.  I stopped smoking which means I pretty much quit drinking.  I have to stop looking to food for comfort.  I have to wait for my leg to heal before I think I can get back to the pool.  I wanted to just run away today, but I stayed the course and it all worked out. 

I am glad that the new semester has started, it has given me something to look forward to, something to distract me from my misery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment