Thursday, June 20, 2013

riff raff

sometimes you cannot beat living in a small town

a 62 year old gun wielding woman emptied her .357 magnum into her husband's truck, they both went to jail.  he was charged with domestic violence and well, you can guess her charges.  I am thinking they are both lucky she didn't hit the gas tank and blow both of them up, but then again the world might be a bit safer without them.

I am thinking that the city must have taken my advice and ran off the riff raff that like to panhandle by my store.  Unfortunately it didn't stop one of them today, he asked me if I had a needle or a Bobbi pin.  I told him they sold them next door, he then asked me if I had a dollar.  I told him no, he then asked me if I had $10.  I said "negative",  he got the hint and left. 

the other day I was at my therapist's and I was checking out everyone in the waiting room.  The patient before me was a shorter, older man.  he looked normal and I wondered what his issue was.  It is funny how you sit in the waiting room and compare yourself to other people, feeling superior because you don't look as messed up as the lady three chairs down.  I am really sure that she thought the same thing about me, because I am not even sure if my therapist's door was closed before I started crying.  I also need to find a yoga class before Monday.....or I am going to have to lie and that cant be good. 

I did have "chicken little" express to me today that she felt that if she left this earth, she wondered if anyone would notice.  I told her about driving to my therapist the other day and seeing the storm clouds and thinking that if a tornado came and swept me, that I would be thankful to not have to feel the pain anymore.  she cried, I think it was relief that someone else felt the way that she did.  I told her that I was sorry that I wasn't there for them the way that I should be, but I am working on it. 

I am thankful to have my school work as a distraction.  I am trying to stay true to my diet and get below 160 before I have to go to summit this summer, that would be really nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment