Saturday, June 22, 2013

my friday

today is my Friday

Thursday was my failing managers last day,  I am starting to realize how nice it is going to be with him gone and not having him drag me down and make me work so hard.  I kind of feel bad, I just left at the end of the day and said "congrats and good luck"....no cake, no card, no hurrah.  he asked me if I was going to miss him and I told him I was not going to miss his coffee cups all over the store, his dishes in the sink, and the fact that I have to clean up after him every day.  I feel as if a huge burden has been raised off of my shoulders.  Now, what to do with chicken little.

people who don't get it are a wonder to me.  he actually asked me if he could use me as a reference.  I gave him a horrible review, had many conversations with him about his poor performance, and he still didn't get it.  unfortunately, I think he thought I was either being emotional or just had unrealistic expectations.  I pray he doesn't get into management again, if so I pity the poor person that he works for. 

the volunteers from the animal shelter came out today and we were able to adopt out 6 dogs.  thank goodness she has not had to euthanize for space this year, only behavioral issues and illnesses.  I wouldn't be able to do what she does, but I am very thankful that she does it.  the volunteers are planning on coming back on the 6th.  I cant wait. 

the homeless man was back on the corner again today.  I have bubba in the car, he had his head stuck out the back window.  I almost got into a wreck, because I was too busy watching him and hoping he wouldn't try and eat the man.  I didn't get to read what his sign said, but I am pretty sure it was the guy that used to stand by the liquor store. 

once when I worked as an assistant, we found a guy that had died under our compactor.  when we had the area cleaned out, there were bottles of mouthwash that he had been drinking to become intoxicated.  we think that he had gotten drunk, passed out, and froze during the middle of the night.  I remember thinking for days after if the man had a family, if anyone would miss him now that he was gone.  then it always makes me wonder what happened to these people that this becomes their life.  I watched an episode of intervention last night and the lady's apartment caught fire due to faulty wiring and she lost 3 of her 4 children.  I thought, I would be a crackhead too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment