Tuesday, April 16, 2013

surprise

my aunt is the one who inspired me to start my blog, she is an excellent story teller.  She has one of those tickers on the side of her page that states where her visitors are visiting from.  I noticed one of them was from "Surprise, Arizona".  I want to move there so when people ask where i am from, i can yell "SURPRISE!". 

She also wrote about how you could take an authentic wagon wheel ride through the country, even though the wagon was retrofitted with some more up to date amenities, she started to question how authentic the wagon really was. All i could think of was, people want to pay money to be miserable?  I like climate control, i love my heated seats, i love the fact that i can remotely start my car, and if it is actually nice enough outside to enjoy the weather i have a sun roof.  I also like shocks and struts and padded seats.  I like to get places in a reasonably amount of time, not the casual pace of a horse who will sometimes have to take care of his business and i get the pleasure of smelling it.  My husband has clip on air fresheners for his vents (i picked lemon and had to throw mine away). I don't think the wagon ride comes with strawberry air fresheners to take care of the crap smell.  My dad would like to do that, he would be the only person i would do that with, just because he would quote John Wayne movies and we have the same twisted sense of humor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment