Tuesday, April 16, 2013

the wand waver

judge not least you be judged.........easier said than done

growing up in a small town, we didn't have a paper and didn't really need one.  It is amazing how dysfunctional you think your family is compared to others.  When i was 25 and got married, i soon realized every family was dysfunctional, it was just how outwardly dysfunctional you appeared to society.  I grew up in a town without a stop light, my parents were divorced when i was nine and i chose to live with a man who wasn't my biological father.  I was just about as dysfunctional as you could appear. 

There was a lady, she was our girl scout troop leader, her daughter was my age, they lived in a house with a pool.  I yearned for that kind of belonging.  I jumped off the high dive because this lady told me i could do it (i am scared to death of heights).  The only issue, her husband looked like a serial killer and was caught years later waving his wand.  Supposedly, he was sitting in his car at the lake exposing himself to people as they walked by.  He left his job, or i am sure was asked to leave since he taught at the college, but stayed in the same small town.  I cannot even begin to imagine how horrible this was for his wife and family.  I saw him when i was at lunch with my husband a couple of weeks ago, i got up from the booth and saw him, i was so surprised to see him and his wife that i just walked to the foyer.  My husband asked me why i had just left him at the table and i told him about the man sitting behind me, my husband said the man just kept staring at him.  I know, there is no way that he could remember me, but he still gave me the creeps. 

The Internet is so great, you can stalk people and never leave your house.  I googled this man last night, he is the ministry of music at the church in our small town.  WHAT???  I instantly pick up the phone and call Butch.  "Hello".  "Do you remember John Doe" (not his real name).  Yes, i have this horrible habit of launching into a conversation before the other person on the end of the line has time to realize who i am and what i am talking about (don't you people have caller ID).  "Uh, no".  I am outraged "The guy who worked at the college and was caught exposing himself to women".  "Oh, yeah".  "You know he is the ministry of music at the first baptist church and he was never charged?" This is the one thing that the child of parents who were in law enforcement should be well aware of.  People make deals, people sweep things under the rug, and the good ole boys club is alive and well.  Butch wasn't even shocked by this. 

I got up this morning and was still judging this man for something that he had supposedly done.  In the shower i had to remind myself that it isn't right for me to judge other people and that holding on to something that did or did not happen two decades ago and telling other people is just gossip.  Gossiping is a sin, so is judging other people, even if they do look like a serial killer and give me the creeps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment