Monday, April 30, 2012

alzheimer's

It is incredibly sad to watch a good woman lose her mind. 

My mother in law is in the early stages of Alzheimer's.  I cant stand the thought that one day i will have to remind her who i am.  Unfortunately, my patience and hectic schedule doesn't have it to convey the same information day after day.  I will be relieved when this semester is over so that i don't have to explain for the 16th week in a row that i wont be in church on Wednesday because i have class and no i cant miss. 

My mother has already lost her mind and become a different person.....i am not sure that i can handle both of the women in my life changing before my eyes.  My mother has always had a mean streak and so seeing her be hateful and reclusive is nothing new to me.  My mother in law is another story, she rarely even says anything bad about anyone.  She has this unique ability to make anyone who has ever met her feel special.  Although, i heard that she came into my store once and was terribly unhappy when a copy order was done incorrectly.  Fortunately, i have not had to be on that side of her, but she has been on that side of me. 

I am incredibly proud of my husband, he has been very patient with her, repeating information calmly and not throwing his hands up.  This is a disease we have all been preparing for but it is like preparing for a tornado, you can image, you can prepare, but it is never quite how you thought it would be and feel like when it finally arrives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment