Sunday, April 8, 2012

tithing

one day the local preacher stopped by to see my bff husband, he came home and told her about it and made a statement that the only reason he had came was to get them to church to tithe.  My bff didn't understand, he then told her about how church members are to donate 10% of their income to help support the church. 

my bff has gone to church her entire life, unlike me. 

my bff, starts adding this up in her head and decides that she can no longer afford to go to church.  Her husband, laughs and wants to know how she expects the church to survive without tithing.  She replies "grants". 

I am thinking she wasn't paying attention during the whole separation of church and state. 

I have another friend who asked me once how much i tip when i go to a restaurant and i replied that it depended on the service 10-15%.  She replied that she never tips more than 10%, why would she give more to a server than to god. 

No comments:

Post a Comment