Saturday, April 14, 2012

the flip flop incident

My mother had moved into an apartment before her and my dad were married.  She had rented a two bedroom apartment.  I am not really sure if she meant for one of those rooms to be mine, because i never had a bed or really anything in that room that was mine.  I had set up one of those folding loungers as a bed.  I must have slept on the couch before i came up with that brillant idea.  The great thing about the apartment was that it had a pool.  I must have stayed for a few weeks, which was the ususal case until my mother just couldnt deal with me anymore and i would leave. 

I had worn my mothers leather flip flops once to the pool and of course i was wet when i wore them back to the apartment.  She was so angry.  As usual, she didnt talk to me about the issue, she just yelled at me and told me how inconsiderate and unsmart that i was. 

My dad has always been the referee between my mother and I.  I still feel bad about ruining her shoes even though she still wore them for years after.......i guess i didnt damage them too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment