Sunday, April 1, 2012

easter chics

once my mother bought me two chics that were died pink and yellow (PETA would stroke out now if that happened) for Easter.  This was probably the last Easter before mother and my adoptive father divorced.  I remember thinking how cute they were, but becoming disappointed when all of their baby feathers fell out and they were no longer pink and yellow.  Unfortunately, they were roosters and they were mean. 

You didn't really need a watch dog with those two (i am sure they had a name, but i don't remember).  They would try and roost on the back of your foot when you walked.  I think one was eaten by something and the other one i found dead at the edge of the trailer house.  My mother had enough and shot it.  She gave me some story about how it was trying to peck out the kittens eyes....i don't think they watched Bob Barker and had no clue about spaying and neutering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment