Sunday, April 29, 2012

studebaker

My adoptive father used a shaving kit that was basically a mug with a round disk of soap that he lathered with a brush and applied to his face.  The mug had a car on it and it had the words Studebaker under it.......he always called the mug with the disk of soap his studbreaker.  It took me years to realize that it was the name of the car on that mug.  I don't think my adoptive father ever realized what was written on that mug.

The other day i was talking to my mother in law and i said "DeeDee and I", she (being the English teacher said) "me and DeeDee".  Why exactly did my adoptive father spend my teenage years correcting my already correct English with "DeeDee and I", she shook her head and said that she didn't know, but he was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment