Thursday, April 26, 2012

lions den

Today was very interesting.  I went to a meeting where i felt like i was crossing enemy lines.  I had to give an impromptu speech and probably did nothing to further my cause.  I spent my ride home wondering about whether or not i was going to succeed in my new endeavor and if failing was the better option after tonight's meeting. 

As we sat at the stop light, i heard a hissing then bubbling noise.  I turned around to look and saw that the vehicle behind us was leaking water and had steam rising from the hood.  The vehicle turned into the grocery store and we turned to meet a young lady and her 5 kids.  She is a stay at home due to a disability and was taking the children for a ride after being stuck in the house all day.  Luckily enough the lady had pulled up to the water hose and so Matt filled the radiator only to discover a huge leak coming from the top of the radiator.  Michelle was able to drive her vehicle to her house and get her babies inside.  She has five children ranging from seven month old twins to a nine years old. 

Everyday i try to read my devotional, today was

Don't let unexpected events throw you off course.  Rather, respond calmly and confidently, remembering that i am with you.  As soon as something grabs your attention, talk with Me about it.  Thus I share your joys and your problems; I help you cope with whatever is before you.  This is how I live in you and work through you.  This is the way of Peace. 

I prayed while in the lions den that god help me to be the christian that he would want me to be and that  i was thankful for the situation to grow. 

Tonight i prayed for Michelle and her five children.  I am thankful to God for showing me how truly blessed i am......even in the lions den. 

No comments:

Post a Comment