Sunday, April 29, 2012

no trust list

a man is only as good as his word

i take people at what they tell me, if you tell me that you flew to the moon today at lunch, i will more than likely believe you..............until the day i don't, then i will question every thing you have even said until i drive myself crazy.

i believe you don't truly know someone until you live with them or work with them.  I had the privilege of working for the greatest man i will probably ever know.  He had one simple motto, DWYSYAGTD....do what you say you are going to do. I try very hard and i am still learning to not make commitments that i cant or wont keep. 

i wish there was a curtain behind every person that you could pull back and see what is really going on behind the scenes, like the wizard of oz.  Until then, the only thing that i have to go on is your words and your actions and if they don't sync then you will immediately be moved to column of people that are on the no trust list. 

unfortunately, the busier i get, the less likely i am to waste my time on investigating whether or not these people are truly worth my time, trust, and most importantly a place in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment