Monday, April 30, 2012

empathy

the difference between humans and animals is the ability to empathize

the issue of being raised by a man is that you end up with both traits.  I grew up in a small town and my female friends graduated and were either already married, getting married, or were engaged.  I started hanging out with the guys.

I am an empathic fixer.  I have the ability to see where other people are coming from (if i can get my ego out of the way) and i want to fix it.  I am not sure if this is the codependency in me or if it because i was raised by a man and we all know how men just want to fix things.

Women want to be heard and will continue talking until they feel as though they have been heard, men just want to fix the problem. 

My sister who is the most unique individual i have ever had the luck on knowing is still dealing with her debilitating fear.  I know that fear, that fear kept me from going away to college, kept me from moving out until i was married at 25, kept me from having children, and has kept me in miserable jobs and toxic relationships. 

Ironically enough, she wants my life and i have always wanted hers. 

We are all dysfunctional, just some of us hide it better than others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment