Saturday, April 7, 2012

defining moment

she throws down her plastic ashtray and says something in a hateful tone, i turn around from the sink where i am putting her favorite flowers in a vase.  I am half hoping that it is just one of her delusional moments, knowing full well that it isn't.

I am now given the ground rules.  I call before I come, I must knock before i walk into the house.  I have to get rid of him.  "what you like for me to do with him?" i ask, she tells me she doesn't care, just get rid of him.  He is the problem.  I realize that it isn't my father that she is talking about but my husband.  She then asks what i am doing here.  I point to the candle, card, and brownies.  She says she doesn't want them and that i must take them back.  I tell her no, she says that she will throw them away, i say okay. 

I finally say that i am not doing this because it will only upset me for the next week and i walk out. 

It it amazing the moment that you stop being a child and start being an adult???

No comments:

Post a Comment