Tuesday, April 24, 2012

addiction

"Whatever feeling you aren't dealing with will keep coming up and you will have to find ways to deal with it."

i heard this the other day on true life, there was a girl that was a sex addict.  She had been sexually violated at an early age.  Her hyper sexuality was a way to feel something other than the hurt. 

interesting how an addiction starts as a way to feel something else. 

I am an equal opportunity addict. 

I am a food addict, which is why my weight fluctuates so frequently.  I once had someone tell me that they ate when they were happy, ate when they were sad, ate when they were stressed, and ate when things were calm.  I resemble that remark.

I am a shopaholic.  I like to use the term "retail therapy".  When i feel good about keeping my diet in check, then i feel good about my body and like to try new fashion. 

This is what i love about being bipolar.  I can go from feast to famine quickly and with zero notice. 

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment