Thursday, April 26, 2012

the outcome

"don't get too concerned about the outcome"
rodney brook

my dad always tells me this....i think that most advice is a tool that is kept until you need it or you know how to properly use it

two years ago, my husband and i talked about me making a change in career.  The time had come (isn't is amazing how quickly that happens) and i was too scared to make a decision. 

"begin with the end in mind" isn't this the motto we have all heard thousands of times???

I am not sure if i didn't make the decision because i was fearful of failure, if i was concerned about the hard work involved, or if it was my self defeating behavior. 

I am now at a point in my life where the self defeating behavior no longer gives me the payoff it once did, the grief of disappointment is more than i can handle.  So, i have put myself out there, not too terribly concerned about the outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment