Monday, April 23, 2012

national geographic

i always find something that "must" be done while i am suppose to be doing something else.....i would complain but i do have organized closets while still acing my finals last semester

yesterday i decided to go and see my good friend Pete at the greenhouse.  We had a good laugh about my price stickers that i used to cover up my coffee stain on my white shirt (maybe it is a good thing that i wear beige to work).  I bought some geraniums (that i have been calling hydrangeas all these years), some dirt and a few other flowers to go by my mailbox.

i come home and start to work on my flowerpots. 

isn't it funny how one thing leads to another, after feeling a sense of accomplishment with my newly planted flowers (which i hope that actually water these or that will be $63 down the drain, again)....i then started to weed my flower garden.  I went and got more dirt and some bulbs that i thought i had seen on sale, but after making the dreaded trek to walmart i bought them anyway. 

i think there is a snake living in my flower garden, there was a round hole under the bag of dirt that has been occupying my flower garden for at least one season.  I used the bag of dirt to cover that end of the flower garden, left to buy bulbs, and noticed it was back again.  I just told myself that it was either a harmless black snake or the dirt had just fallen into the previous hole.  I did find a snake living in my hose when i went to water my newly planted flowers.  It tried to dig its way into the ground and i kept trying to coax it out, wanting to hold it?????  My new career has turned me into a tomboy again.  I then decided to weed the area around the tree (after i pruned it with some sad looking pruning shears, but decided it was better than the time that my roommate pruned the bushes with a steak knife).  I found what i originally thought was baby squirrels and then after paisely and i rounded up the little turkey that it was a rabbit.  I picked it up with my gloves and put it back into the weeded area and left it to hopefully be taken care of by his or her mother......thinking of which, i better go check. 

No comments:

Post a Comment